Tuesday 11 December 2012

NYX-mania!

Hi Love's,

I've heard a lot of good things about NYX Cosmetics, so I decided to have a look at a few reviews on YouTube and on Blog sites to see what people recommended. I was overwhelmed with a number of reviews, and came to the conclusion to try one product from each section. Since it's not a UK based company, I had second thoughts about placing an order, since shipping would take forever and I wouldn't want any of the products to arrive damage (and it would cost a lot too) but I found that they now have UK based office where they ship from within the UK (yaaaaay :-D). I couldn't resist and placed an order with them last week.

I picked up a number of things and have been trying them out throughout last week. Here are my thoughts...


No.1:  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - 620 Bronze - £4.50

NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil - 620 Bronze

This product is a staple piece, everyone should have in their collection. It is regularly used as a cream base, to put on before your eyeshadow, but I feel it could be used a highlight too (if bought in the right colour). These Jumbo Eye Pencil's are blendable and come in a good range of colours. I originally wanted to get 604 - Milk (a pure matte white pencil) but it was sold out online :( I decided to pick up 620 Bronze, as I thought it would be a good base for my Bronze eyeshadow from my Sleek - iDivine Palette. The colours are super similar as you can see.


Sleek i-Divine - Bronze Eyeshadow Swatches


Left: Sleek i-Divine - Bronze Eyeshadow Swatch
Right: NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil - 620 Bronze Swatch

I definitely want to try different shades of these pencils. As they definitely make eyeshadows appear brighter.


No.2: NYX Loose Glitter Powder - 05 Gold - £2.50

NYX Loose Glitter Powder - 05 Gold

With the holidays right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to spruce up my makeup for some upcoming events. I decided to purchase the Gold Loose Glitter, since some of the other colours they had available were a bit too bright for my complexion. This would look beautiful on top of a bronze eyeshadow look or even a natural looking smokey eye. It's easily blend-able and surprisingly easy to remove too (always a plus).



Above: with base and primer
Below: without base and primer

I would definitely love to try the other colours, like 02 Apple, 07 Purple and 08 Hot Gold.


No.3: NYX Long Pencil Lip - 17 Nutmeg - £2.00

NYX Long Pencil Lip - 17 Nutmeg

Since I am trying to build my collection and venture into different brands, I thought why not pick up my first ever lip liner. As I hardly ever buy lip products (other than lipgloss) I decided to pick up a natural colour which would suit my complexion. 17 Nutmeg is perfect for my skin colour as it's not too dark and not too light. I find that it's build-able and works well as a base for any lip colour. Oh and I forgot to mention it's super long so will probably last for a while too.

NYX Long Pencil Lip - 17 Nutmeg Swatch


I would definitely re-purchase this lipliner, as it is good value for money, and the colour pay off is great.





No.4: NYX Round Lipstick - 618 Georgia - £3.50


NYX Round Lipstick - 618 Georgia


I had read a lot of good reviews about this lipstick and since it had also won a Beauty Award, it made me want it even more. With 144 different shades to choose from, I found it extremely difficult to pick one. I decided to go with 618 Georgia, as all the swatches and reviews I had seen on-line were positive and it looked like a colour that would suit my complexion. Don't get me wrong, I love the consistency and shine this lipstick adds, but I found that it's just simply too bright for my skin colour. I find that it's only use-able with a darker lip liner underneath, I probably wouldn't wear it on its own.

 Left: NYX Round Lipstick - 618 Georgia 
Right: NYX Round Lipstick - 618 Georgia with NYX Long Pencil Lip - 17 Nutmeg underneath

I would re-purchase this as I love the formula, but maybe in a different shade. Definitely want to try the matte lipstick too.


No.5: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss - 129 Beige - £7.00

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss - 129 Beige

As ironic as it may sound, this lip gloss isn't beige coloured at all. It's rather a mid-toned pink colour, but for some reason NYX decided to name it Beige. Anyway's, I loveeeee this lip-gloss, firstly, it smells amazing (kinda like cherries) and secondly the colour pay off is brilliant. I'd definitely say this lip-gloss is build-able and the colour you see in the tube, is what your getting. I love that the applicator is bent, as it allows for more product to come out and makes it easier to apply. These lip-glosses aren't sticky at all and last quite long time on the lips.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss - 129 Beige Swatch

I will definitely be re-purchasing different shades of these lip-glosses. The colour pay off is amazing!


No.6: NYX Powder Blush - 04 Silky Rose - £5.50

NYX Powder Blush - 04 Silky Rose 

Alot of beauty guru's on, YouTube and on various Blog sites have raved about NYX blushes. The colour pay off of this product is amazing and I'd say it's comparable to MAC Powder Blushes. I've got the MAC Powder Blush in Desert Rose, which is a soft reddish burgundy colour and it compliments my complexion very well. But, since my MAC blush fell on the floor and broke :( I thought I'd invest in a new blush. I saw the NYX Powder Blush in 04 Silky Rose and I'd say its definitely in the same blend of colours, which suit my skin tone (deeper shades). Whilst, 04 Silky Rose is more pink/deep purple based colour, it still definitely looks just as good as MAC Desert Rose. Ironically enough, I wanted to purchase the NYX Powder Blush in 17 Desert Rose too, as it seemed to look exactly like the MAC one, but they were sold out online. So pleased with this product as its good value for money, in comparison to paying £17.50 for a MAC Powder Blush and £5.50 for a NYX Powder Blush, I'd say its not a bad dupe contender.

NYX Powder Blush - 04 Silky Rose Swatch 

Left: MAC Powder Blush - Desert Rose
Right:NYX Powder Blush - 04 Silky Rose 

Left:NYX Powder Blush - 04 Silky Rose Swatch
Right: MAC Powder Blush - Desert Rose Swatch


I'm looking forward to purchasing different deeper shades of NYX Powder Blushes and trying other colours suitable for Spring and Summer.


General Experience:I was super pleased with the customer service of the UK based NYX department. I placed the order on Wednesday and received my items on Thursday. They arrived individually packaged in bubble wrap and safely to my home. I was pleased with the courier service too, as they provided constant updates of my parcel and even gave me a time they were delivering the product, which meant I didn't have to stay home all day (they also options as what they should do if wasn't at home e.g. leave with neighbour). I look forward to trying more of their products and have been eyeing up some of their eyeshadows, blushes and lipglosses. Keep an eye out for more possible reviews :-)


Oh, here's the NYX UK website store where I ordered from - www.nyxcosmeticsstore.co.uk (definitely legit, as I'm super weary about ordering makeup from unrecognised users online).

Let me know if you have any suggestions as to what other products from NYX I should try out! Hope to hear from you soon.

Love Meenal,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment